Department of Medical & Dental Education at HBS Medical & Dental College aim to create a dynamic, conducive & quality education environment, evolving with value added technology and current educational practices. Since its establishment in 2017, it has rendered valuable services to create a center fostering excellence in teaching, learning, and evaluation for both faculty & students in the institution. It plays a dynamic role in creating professionals who can address societal needs to the best of their ability.
The Department of Medical & Dental Education operates through Curriculum Development Committee, Program Evaluation & Assessment Committee, Research & Development Committee, Faculty Development Committee, Mentoring and many more.
These committees mainly function as;
- Facilitates in curriculum planning, implementation, evaluation and revision in order to ensure achievement of educational outcomes.
- Training of the faculty to implement curricula, by facilitating continuously educational activities in the form of seminars, symposia, workshops and meetings addressing: Revision of curricula, feedback from the students and faculty about the curriculum, MCQ training workshop, OSPE/OSCE and other assessment methods, maintains quality by means of program evaluation through effective Feedbacks.
- Training of the medical and dental students to have leadership skills, develop critical thinking, focus on research, learning of professionalism and ethics.
- Provision of educational and career counseling services for students through mentoring program.
- Facilitate in planning, implementation and evaluation of innovative teaching, learning and assessment methodologies.
DME targets to meet the evolving educational needs of the health professionals by developing a pool of trained faculty members conversant with changes in curriculum practices, learner-centered approaches, and structured assessment process.