ADMISSION REGULATIONS ONLY FOR SESSION 2023-2028
These rules, regulations, and timelines can be modified according to any new PM&DC regulations or Federal/Provincial Government policies issued after the announcement of PM&DC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023. Candidates must get updated information from the college website https://hbsmdc.hbs.edu.pk or the college admission office at the time of applying for the program.
HBS Medical & Dental College admission portal for admission in MBBS session 2023-2028 and admission in BDS session 2023-2027 will be opened after the announcement of MDCAT results. Candidates can apply at https://admissions.hbs.edu.pk
Eligibility for Admission:
Any candidate seeking admission in HBS Medical and Dental College shall be eligible having fulfilled the following mandatory criteria:
- Have passed the MDCAT examination conducted by the National Medical Authority;
- Having obtained total 60% or more marks (in all subjects cumulatively) or percentage as may be notified by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, higher secondary school certificate (“HSSC”) or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan with equivalence certificate issued by IBCC
- Passed the subjects of biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics in the examination of the higher secondary school certificate or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification recognized in Pakistan
- Mandatory requirement of MDCAT shall not apply to students seeking admission on foreign quota seats. Foreign quota students shall qualify either MDCAT OR SAT-ll with minimum score of 550 in each subject or a foreign MCAT examination or UCAT examination with 50% marks in the subjects as prescribed in Regulation 3 (c)
F.Sc or equivalent exam total marks 60% or above
MDCAT marks 55% or more for MBBS and 50% or more for BDS
Foreign Quota Seats SAT-II with a minimum 550 marks in each subject or foreign MCAT exam or UCAT exam with 50% marks in the subjects as prescribed in Regulation 3 (c)
- MDCAT/SAT/MCAT/UCAT = 50%
- FSc or equivalent exam = 40%
- Matric or equivalent exam = 10%
- Candidate shall provide/upload application on the admission portal along with Matric, FSc and MDCAT results and receipt of payment of application processing fee of rupees 2,000/-. Applications without fulfilling these requirements shall not be entertained.
- Incomplete applications, i.e. without filling the mandatory particulars, shall not be entertained.
- Admissions to Medical and Dental programs shall be conducted separately, and each student is required to apply separately to a MBBS and/or BDS program. A student who has not applied to a given program or not paid application processing fee for that program shall not be entitled to admission to such program.
- Candidates shall get application number/login and password through email. Failure to get this must inquire the reason from admission office of the college.
- Failure to upload the results within given time shall not be considered for admission.
- HBSM&DC shall add the percentage score of Matric, FSc, and MDCAT according to the weightage mentioned above and finalize the total aggregate out of 100% to conclude the final merit of the candidates for the purpose of admission in MBBS/BDS classes of HBSM&DC.
- 1st provisional merit list shall be posted on the college website and college notice board and candidates will be given 3 days to pay the fees and submit necessary documents.
- 2nd provisional merit list will be posted after the deadline of submission of fees given to selected candidates in 1st provisional merit list, which will consist of candidates from the merit-wise waiting list filling the number of seats got vacated by the candidate who did not submit the fees and documents in due time. The process will continue until all the seats are filled.
- Admission shall be confirmed only after paying the fee until the due date already informed to the students by HBS Medical & Dental College in the provisional merit list.
- Candidates failing to submit the fees and documents before deadline given will lose the right of admission as his/her reserved seat shall be filled with the next candidate in the provisional merit list.
- All candidates are requested to visit college website on daily basis for any update.
- In case of two candidates having exactly the same total marks in final merit list, the candidate having an age older than the other shall be put higher on the merit list.
- A student when accepting admission to HBS Medical & Dental College shall mandatorily disclose to the college if a prior admission has been accepted by him/her to any other college. In such situation student shall prior to accepting such admission must in writing inform the prior college of cancellation of their acceptance with a copy to the designated email of PM&DC.
- As per PMDC admission regulations 2023, failure by a student to cancel the prior acceptance of admission shall render all admission offers of the student void and the student shall be ineligible for admission.
- After start of classes if student seeks to either leave or transfer from the college, his/her fee will be adjusted pro rata to the period spent by the student in the program along with a penalty of 10% of the total annual fee of that course.
- Foreign students shall pay in foreign currency (US Dollars) (Please refer to fee structure page).